Risotto is an Italian rice dish which has a very creamy consistency. While rice is a traditional food in India, our love towards rice has made us try exotic recipes with it. And the risotto has gained favourite votes amongst us Indians.
Here is an Indian Style Risotto recipe with easily available ingredients to try at home.
Butter : 1 tbsp
Cooked Manna brown rice: 2 cups (brown rice takes a longer time to cook compared to white rice
Olive Oil : 1 tbsp
1 finely chopped onion
Finely chopped garlic pods- 5 nos
Corn flour : 1 tbsp
Milk : 1 cup
Sliced mushrooms: 200 gm
Red Chilly flakes and oregano (Time to use those which came along with the pizza you ordered)
Grated Mozarella Cheese
- Saute Onion, mushroom and garlic in olive oil and butter until they are soft and keep aside.
- Dissolve corn flour in ½ a cup milk.
- Add the mixture to cooked Manna brown rice and the remaining milk. Cook in a medium flame for 3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid the rice sticking to the pan. Mash it nicely by adding cheese.
- Add a little salt, the corn flour mixture to this and cook for another 1 minute.
- Now the risotto is creamy in texture. Scoop it in a small container and place it gently on a plate.
- Garnish it with coloured capsicum.